The original chapel was built by the Wesleyan Methodists in 1837, some years before the church and schoolhouse were built. It remained in use up to the early 1960’s, and people currently in the village remember going to Harvest Festival services there. Attendances dwindled though and it eventually had only one regular member, Mrs Sarah Welburn, who faithfully maintained the chapel for many years.
Over time the chapel fell into disrepair and became very ramshackle. It was bought in about 1991, and gradually renovated and extended until it became a very cosy and comfortable home that is now far removed from its original austere beginnings.