There are a wide range of walks in the Thixendale area, loved by locals and visitors alike. The walks shown here are graded by time, difficulty and best time of year. They include photos to help navigation.
2 hours, circular road walk. Great when muddy elsewhere or with a pushchair.
8½ miles circular – 5 dales. Mostly off road, well worthwhile.
8 miles circular. Fine country walking and quiet roads. A ‘classic’ Thixendale walk.
7 miles. Contrast the high Wolds landscape from Huggate with the delights of the dales leading into Thixendale.
6 miles. Visit the less familiar dales.
- North Plantation – 4 miles
- Garrowby circular – 9 miles
- Kirby Underdale / Wayrham circular – 7 miles
- Wayrham / Fridaythorpe circular – 7 miles
- Hanging Grimston / Kirby Underdale circular – 7 miles
- Wharram Percy – 10 miles
Links to walks on other sites
The Wolds Way
Walking on the web Wolds Way Stage 4